asp.net 2005 exclude file best practice

robert

Like many people I am inconvenienced by the fact that files cannot be
excluded from an asp.net application. I basically have some text files
that are written to by the application and these files are located
within the app_data folder, so that they are within the site keeping
the entire application in one place.

When publishing these text files are replaced by the development ones
and file permissions are reset, what is the best way to get round this?
I know I could just keep these files outside the application virtual
directory but I want all application related files to be in one place!!

I use the publish feature in 2005 to deploy the application.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Karl Seguin [MVP]

robert

Great! Tried the Web Application Project and everything is cool, why
the hell did Microsoft leave this out hmmmm