ASP.NET - Beginner question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Marc Llenas, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. Marc Llenas

    Marc Llenas Guest

    Hello all,

    I just started a minor web project and decided to do it with ASP.NET just to
    get a hang of it.

    So far all is good except that I'm a bit confused on how to perform the
    following:
    I placed a Repeater on a page. Inside the repeater I placed an HTML table.
    This table will be used to display the contents of an Access table that
    contains Hotels and their basic info. Now, each of this hotels can have up
    to 4 certifications for environemental standards (ISO, EMAS, etc), so I have
    another table linked to the main one storing hotel IDs and server paths for
    the images that display the certification logos.

    Using plain ASP I would create a loop to populate the hotel basic info and
    within that loop another one to populate the logos for each hotel. How can I
    do that in ASP.NET while using a Repeater? Do I have to nest another
    repeater?. I'm getting a bit confused.

    Thanks

    Marc

    Marc Llenas, Feb 16, 2006

  2. The nested repeater is probably the right way to go.
    You can learn more on how to do it at:
    http://openmymind.net/index.aspx?documentId=8#7

    Karl
    --