ASP.net can't write XML file!!

ayham

I can't Write to XML File using ASP.NET becouse my OS(win xp) tell me
that the user(account) that is ASP.net haven't the right to access the
file

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
I can't Write to XML File using ASP.NET becouse my OS(win xp) tell me
that the user(account) that is ASP.net haven't the right to access the
file

When you write to a file, you need to give to the user ASPNET for the
local machine write permissions to the folder in which you write.
Because IIS runs as a service, it is not running under the logged on
user, but it has its own username.

Use the Windows Security dialog to set the correct permissions.

HTH,
Laurent

xamman

hello again!

i am having a problem with writing to files from ASPNET and found
someone elses post which about the same topic. i am not clear how to
act on the proposed solution however.

in XP Pro which Windows security dialog should i be lookling for? the
one in IIS? Files/Folders in My file system do not show a security tab
(did i forget to tick some checkbox something during XP installation?)

thanks,

Dhanraj K.S

Hello,

First, check whether you had "Simple File Sharing" Enabled, if so first
disable that. (Default is Enabled)

To Disable you to open an explorer window and go to Tools -> Options -> View
and then scroll down to the last setting. If that is checked uncheck

And secondly it will be good if you have NTFS File System. Then you need to
give permission to Everyone or give Permission to IUSR_XXXX.

Hope this helps....

Thanks