ASP.Net Configuration tool access problems

BlueJumper.com

Can anyone help me set up the ASP.NET Configuration Tool.

Ideally I'd like to make the tool point to a common server on a
network. I have run the aspnet_regsql tool and got it to point to a
network database using a user with dbo privileges. The tool seemed to
work fine. However when I run the tool from visual studio I get the
following error.

/
*************************************************************************************************************************/

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://localhost:1511/asp.netwebadminfiles/default.aspx?

The following error was encountered:

* Connection Failed

The system returned:

(61) Connection refused

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

/
*************************************************************************************************************************/

I have tried to set the tool to use my local sql express database but
I am still getting the same errors. This used to work before I started
messing with it!

I've checked the permissions to the actual asp.netwebadminfiles folder
and all seem ok.

This is driving me mad, can anyone help?

Cheers

Fran

BlueJumper.com

It gets worse. I now get the same error as above whenever I try to
access the website ( via debug, run without debug or virtual directory)

BlueJumper.com

Sorry all!!

This had nothing to do with the configuration tool! I was using a
proxy and not bypassing it for local requests!!!

1 school boy error point for me!