ASP.NET - MS SQL - Stored Procedure - Output table

Yas

Hello,

I would like to create an ASP webpage that has an input box which
takes a string value of <= 20 chars. Then it connects to an MS SQL
server and calls a Stored Procedure passing it the input value and
outputs the results to the webpage in a table.

Could someone please point me in the right direction on where to get
started with this? i'm of course new to ASP.NET :)

Many thanks in advance for any help or advise.

Yas

Mark Rae [MVP]

I would like to create an ASP webpage that has an input box which
takes a string value of <= 20 chars. Then it connects to an MS SQL
server and calls a Stored Procedure passing it the input value and
outputs the results to the webpage in a table.

Could someone please point me in the right direction on where to get
started with this? i'm of course new to ASP.NET :)

This really is absolutely fundamental to virtually every ASP.NET
application. I appreciate that you're new to ASP.NET, and there's nothing
wrong with that - everyone was a newbie on their first day...

However, without a basic understanding of the fundamentals of how ASP.NET
works, you're going to find it very hard going indeed. The .NET Framework is
absolutely huge, and you cannot expect to pick it up by accident.

I strongly suggest you get a copy of this:
http://www.amazon.com/ASP-NET-Every...6895619?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189073130&sr=8-3

and work your way through it...

Guest

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306574