ASP.NET noobie question (development model + also question on bestASP.NET book)

Bit Byte

I have several years programming experience (C/C++) and have only
recently started looking at developing web apps - after playing with PHP
for a while, I decided there weren't enough tools etc to get me up and
running quickly enough, so I turned to look at ASP.Net

ASP.Net looks like it has the development tools that I expect of any
serious proposition, but I am confused between the apparent availability
of two options:

1. Web Application Project
2. Web site project (For use with Visual Web Developer)

My goal is to develop a commercial website (I have lots of C/C++/C#
exoperience) and I also have experience of developing GUIs using various
toolkits, from VB6 through wxWidgets to SWING (Java). My weakness is
taht I cannot really write HTML/CSS by hand - well I can, but I am very
slow.

I am drawn to option 2 because it has a lot of WYSIWIG tools and I am
not so hot on HTML/CSS etc, so I think the tools will help me be more
productive and hit teh ground running, however, I like the idea of
explicitly defined projects etc as offered by option 1.

Which of these shall I opt for (given my background and goals)

Also, what is the best ASP.NET book you can recommend for someone with
my background and goals. Ideally, the book must cover the ff points/topics.

1. Page Layout using WYSIWIG tools and/or CSS
2. Security Issues
3. Code Behind Model
4. User defined server controls
5. Shareable code in App_Code directory
6. SSI for modularisation of pages
7. Master Pages
8. Integration (i.e. using custom C# classes) in an ASP.NET web application.
9. Creating and Consuming Web Services