ASP.NET page do not refresh

veenakj

Hello,

We have a workflow which has around 20 steps.
We have UI which is designed in such a way that when we click RUN
WORKFLOW button, we go to a page with all the 20 steps like below

Step desc Status
Step1: Export selected Employees Completed.
Step2: Import all data Processing.
Step3: Import some data Not started.

Step20: Archive Not started

We use ASP.net with XML and XSLT and every time we call the method with
stepno it executes a proc in the database and returns the status and
step no, based on which we refresh the same page with next stepno.

Some times all the 20 steps will be completed without any problem.
Sometimes it completes some step say 12th(time consuming step) and do
not refresh and stop executing next step.

Some times if a step is time consuming the same step is executed twice.

This behaviour is intermittant.

In all the cases in database steps are sucessfully completed but front
end does not refresh.

It is not Connection Timeout as i do not get any exception saying
Connection time out...

If i run i debug mode i see that there are no exceptions.

So what could be the reason. I'm clueless.Is it related to timeout or
ASP.NET worker process recycling.

Please help me out here

Thanks