ASP.Net page will not run properly on the webserver

Guest

I have created a page that should unlock our local users throughout our
network. The page is simple enough. It just takes users input for the IP
Address and the User Name of the lockout computer. When they click the
unlock button A series of If Else statements decides by the I.P. Address
which site they are at. From this it calls an appropriate .bat file passing
the IP and UserName. The series of .bat files and .vbe files are located on
the webserver and log in remotly from the webserver to the local machine and
then unlocks the account. We have given all access to all users just to make
sure that they won't be denied because of privaliges issues.

When testing on my computer where I built the page all works perfectly and I
can unlock accross the network. When testing from the webserver the only
thing that happens is a page refresh.

Anybody have any ideas on where the problem could lie?

(Just to make specifically clear the webpage does nothing more than figure
out which .bat file to call all the remote unlocking is performed by the
series of .bat's and .vbe's. The files are all located in the same directory
and under IIS all users have been given read, write, execute privilages for
the page.)

Eric

How far through your code does it get? I.e. where, specifically is the
code stopping execution? If you don't know, add more logging.

Guest

After Reading your reply I decided to start with a couple of visual Ideas
before I went in and rehacked the code. What I found after looking at the
task manager for the webserver I discovered that there were several hidden
cmd prompts open (which would be used for the .bat and .vbe's). Judging by
that I believe the problem lies with either an error on one of the .bat or
..vbe calls or (the easier of the 2) there is a firewall setting that is not
allowing the scripts to run on the local machine. Thanks for the advice. I
believe I'll start by checking if it gets stopped in the firewall first.