ASP.NET version 2.0, quick questions

Mark

Hi all, I am going to be building a huge application in the coming year and
I am trying to decide whether I should go with framework 2.0 or stick with
1.1.

So, first off, what are the server requirements for hosting ASP.NET 2.0
applications, googling only brought up the system requirements for
installing the beta of visual express/ visual studio 2005..

Secondly, if I create an object in 1.1 can I reference and use this object
via 2.0 much like the current COM interop??

TIA
Mark

Brock Allen

The release date for ASP.NET 2.0 (and many other pieces of the larger system)
is the week of Nov 7th. If your release data is next year, I'd strongly suggest
going with 2.0.

Kevin Spencer

Hi Mark,
Hi all, I am going to be building a huge application in the coming year
and
I am trying to decide whether I should go with framework 2.0 or stick with
1.1.

I would definitely go with 2.0.
So, first off, what are the server requirements for hosting ASP.NET 2.0
applications, googling only brought up the system requirements for
installing the beta of visual express/ visual studio 2005..

Same server requirements.
Secondly, if I create an object in 1.1 can I reference and use this object
via 2.0 much like the current COM interop??

Yes, you can reference and use the object, and no, nothing like COM interop.
Classes built on the 1.1 framework will continue to use the 1.1 framework
(they are side-by-side installations), without any problem. Remember that
the code is compiled at run-time to native machine code.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

Mark

Thanks guys for your help :)
Cheers
Mark