ASP.NET Web-Based Bulk Email System - HELP

David

Hi!
I am looking to integrate a bulk emailing system into my web site. I am
trying to find a web-based solution but it seems difficult to find anything
relevant. There are lot of system available but they are all installable
softwares...

We are using the dot net nuke framework as our web structure but we do also
have some custom built pages to mange the some special part. I have looked
at a great module called Advanced Email Manager (which is a module for Dot
Net Nuke) which is quite interesting but the module is not able to do nearly
what we want and the source is not available for cheap.

We have built a registration system that will allow our customers to opt-in
and opt-out from our lists but I am still in the need to find a web-based
mail editor, a list queuer and an SMTP server that have a throttling
mechanism. The web-based system will also allow any authorized person to
prepare and test a mass-mailing send. The final send option is decided by
the IT manager so there is no way that some dumb people send crappy stuff to
our customer.

Finally, my question: Is there anyone in here that know about a working
system that could be bought that would allow me to manage my mass-mailing
needs?

Thanks a lot for any help you could give me!

sloan

If you want a total different approach type answer, then I'll suggest this:

And when you want to send an email, send it to a msmq message queue (faster)
... and have a windows service pick up the messages and send.
Thus you don't overload the smtp server.

Here is my emailer "Command" object.

namespace MSMQCommandLib
{
/// <summary>
/// Summary description for EmailCommand.
/// </summary>
[Serializable]
public class EmailCommand : ICommand
{
private string m_to = string.Empty;
private string m_from = string.Empty;
private string m_subject = string.Empty;
private string m_body = string.Empty;

private int m_attemptCount = 0;

/// <summary>
/// Initializes a new instance of the <see cref="EmailCommand"/> class.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="to">To.</param>
/// <param name="from">From.</param>
/// <param name="subject">The subject.</param>
/// <param name="body">The body.</param>
public EmailCommand( string to , string from , string subject , string
body)
{
this.m_to = to;
this.m_from = from;
this.m_subject = subject;
this.m_body = body;
}

public string Body
{
get { return this.m_body; }
}

#region ICommand Members

/// <summary>
/// Executes this instance.
/// </summary>
public virtual void Execute()
{

try
{

//Put code here to send emails.. using the member variables ........

}
catch (Exception ex)
{

throw new PoisonMessageException(ex.Source , ex , this);

}
finally
{

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep (10);