ASP.net websetup insists on using Membership provider

phronima

Hi all,

I converted a 1.1/Crystal reports 10 web application to 2.0 recently,
only to find out that the Crystal Reports.net for VS2005 needs to be
installed with a merge module, thus requiring a web setup.

This is ok, I've managed to get the Crystal dlls onto the target
server.. but now I found all the asp_net_xxxx stored procedures in my
Sqlserver 2000 database, which we have no business requirements to
convert. I've subsequently learned this is generated as part of the
2.0 Provider application services.

I've trawled through the web/groups for the last week and have not
found anything that could help me bypass using the Provider and
continue to use our original database tables for authentication and
authorisation

This Web applicatoin uses FormsAuthentication - does this in 2.0 means
i'm forced to use the Membership Provider?

If not.. is there a way to turn it off?

Your input would be greatly appreciated!

phronima

more info..

I did run asp_regsql.exe to add the sqlprovider, because if i didnt do
this my application gets an error looking for the suite of aspnet_xxx
procedures..

...little help....