    loss in trying to get the users actual name.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Mike,

    That information does not exist in the AD. I usually create a SQL database
    with the info I need, and use that as a lookup against the domain\userid. If
    all users can get to the system, have a page redirect to an information page
    if they do not exist in the dB the first time the connect. After that, let
    SQL get the user info (and app security info, since you go to the SQL for
    the info anyway). They a user can connect without a login box and still be
    totally ID'd

    Tom

    = Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net, MCAD.net, MCP
    = 45Wallstreet.com (www.45wallstreet.com)
    = (803)-345-5001
    = If you are not making any mistakes
    ..= ..you are not trying hard enough.