ASP.NET windows auth to get user Fname and Lname

Mike

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the user's NT
user FName and LName when using Windows Authentication in
ASP.NET? I can get the NT UserID no problem, but am at a
loss in trying to get the users actual name.

Thanks,

Mike

Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net

Mike,

That information does not exist in the AD. I usually create a SQL database
with the info I need, and use that as a lookup against the domain\userid. If
all users can get to the system, have a page redirect to an information page
if they do not exist in the dB the first time the connect. After that, let
SQL get the user info (and app security info, since you go to the SQL for
the info anyway). They a user can connect without a login box and still be
totally ID'd

Tom

= Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net, MCAD.net, MCP
= 45Wallstreet.com (www.45wallstreet.com)
= (803)-345-5001
= If you are not making any mistakes
..= ..you are not trying hard enough.