ASP not being served on some Clients?

Scott Townsend

I have a server that we installed a Web Application (ASP) and It works with
a few clients that we tested, IE 5.0, and it does not work on the server
machine itself, IE 6

So we've tested a few thing.

Made one with .HTM extension and one with .ASP.

I can see the HTM file from all machines. I can only see the .ASP file on
the machine running IE 5.0
The server itself cannot see the .ASP page. We placed the files in the root
of the server web and in the Application folder with the same results.

The Server is running IE 6.6.2800.1106

Any Suggestions?

Ray at

Scott Townsend said:
I have a server that we installed a Web Application (ASP) and It works with
a few clients that we tested, IE 5.0, and it does not work on the server
machine itself, IE 6

The server shouldn't care what browser the user is running unless you have
put your own browser detection code in there to display or redirect to
different pages based on the user's browser.
I can see the HTM file from all machines. I can only see the .ASP file on
the machine running IE 5.0
The server itself cannot see the .ASP page. We placed the files in the root
of the server web and in the Application folder with the same results.

What do you mean when you say it can't "see" it? What do YOU see?

The Server is running IE 6.6.2800.1106

The most recent version of IE is 6. ??

Ray at work

Scott Townsend

The page tries to load and then eventually times out and comes up with a
Page not displayed.

The ASP Page is pure HTML.