asp page to excel error on XP client

Mike D

Not really an asp error .. or is it?

I have an asp page that queries a db and displays the data in an html table.
This page has a hyperlink that goes to another asp page that is meant to
load the same data table in Excel. This all works fine on windows 2000.
This app has been running now for close to a year.

On XP however I get an error message ststing that the Temporary file
whatever.xls could not be found. Check the spelling and verify if the file
location is correct. This has happened on all XP boxes. I can save the file
and then open but users don't want that extra click.

The code in the asp file that is meant to spawn Excel looks like this:
response.expires = 0
response.expiresabsolute = Now() -1
response.addHeader "pragma","no-cache"
response.addHeader "cache-control","private"
Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"
Response.ContentType="application/x-msdownload"
Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" &
Cstr(MonthName(Month(Date()), True)) & "_" & Cstr(Day(Date())) & "_" &
Cstr(Year(Date())) & "_" & Request.QueryString("InstType") & ".xls;"

I must be missing a setting somewhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike