<asp:PasswordRecovery -- remove security question

David R.

Is there a way to remove the security question step from the Password
Recovery control?

i.e. I just want the user to enter the username and have the password
emailed to him immediately. No need for the security question.

Christopher Reed

Actually, this is a property in the Membership class.

What you should do is not set the security question in the first place. By
requiring it when a login is first created will force you to always use it.

Alain Hogue

Christopher is right, here is what you need in your web.config:

<system.web>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="SqlServices"
connectionString="AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\aspnetdb.mdf;Integrated
Security=SSPI;Initial
Catalog=aspnetdb;" />
</connectionStrings>

<membership>
<providers>
<add connectionStringName="SqlServices"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
passwordFormat="Hashed"
applicationName="Cardfile"
requiresUniqueEmail="false"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
passwordAttemptWindow="10"
name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
</providers>
</membership>
</system.web>

Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
David R. said:
Is there a way to remove the security question step from the Password
Recovery control?

i.e. I just want the user to enter the username and have the password
emailed to him immediately. No need for the security question.

hi david,

you wanted it removed..but i wanted it BACK...darn...i've been going through loads of articles and forums on how to enable back the question and answers back in this password recovery control but none has succeded

i've added a <questiontemplate>, set my web.config at the requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"...i really don't know what else i am missing....after doing all these...i only still have the Username field and textbox showing only....

anyone here encountered the similar problem?

really desperate here...thanks