    Recovery control?

    i.e. I just want the user to enter the username and have the password
    emailed to him immediately. No need for the security question.

    David R., Jan 8, 2006

  2. David R.

    Guest

    Just use the requiresQuestionAndAnswer property and set it to false

    Here's a good website that explain everything about this control:
    http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/login/passwordrecovery.aspx

    HTH

    Alain

    David R. wrote:
    > Is there a way to remove the security question step from the Password
    > Recovery control?
    >
    > i.e. I just want the user to enter the username and have the password
    > emailed to him immediately. No need for the security question.

    , Jan 8, 2006

  3. David R.

    Alain Hogue Guest

    Alain Hogue, Jan 8, 2006
  4. Actually, this is a property in the Membership class.

    What you should do is not set the security question in the first place. By
    requiring it when a login is first created will force you to always use it.
    --
    Christopher A. Reed

    Christopher Reed, Jan 9, 2006
  5. David R.

    Alain Hogue Guest

    Christopher is right, here is what you need in your web.config:

    <system.web>
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="SqlServices"
    connectionString="AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\aspnetdb.mdf;Integrated
    Security=SSPI;Initial
    Catalog=aspnetdb;" />
    </connectionStrings>

    <membership>
    <providers>
    <add connectionStringName="SqlServices"
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
    passwordFormat="Hashed"
    applicationName="Cardfile"
    requiresUniqueEmail="false"
    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
    passwordAttemptWindow="10"
    name="SqlProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
    </providers>
    </membership>
    </system.web>

    Alain Hogue, Jan 9, 2006
  6. David R.

    Nitroboost

    Joined:
    May 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    hi david,

    you wanted it removed..but i wanted it BACK...darn...i've been going through loads of articles and forums on how to enable back the question and answers back in this password recovery control but none has succeded

    i've added a <questiontemplate>, set my web.config at the requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"...i really don't know what else i am missing....after doing all these...i only still have the Username field and textbox showing only....

    anyone here encountered the similar problem?

    really desperate here...thanks

    Nitroboost, May 7, 2009