ASP pgm that will run on the server locally, but it crashes remote

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by csw, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. csw

    csw Guest

    Environment: Windows 2008 R2
    IIS 7.5

    I have an ASP program that will run on the server, but it will crash on this
    statement "Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)" when I run in my
    desktop using IE 7.

    It will run from http://localhost/
    It won’t run from http://testserver:80/

    What could cause it?

    The code like this.

    Set oConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    Set oRecordset = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    oConnection.Provider = "ADsDSOObject" 'The ADSI OLE-DB provider
    oConnection.Open "Active Directory Provider"

    strQuery = "<LDAP://DC=gpo,DC=gov>;(&(objectClass=*)(cn=*" & strUID &
    "*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)));ADsPath,physicalDeliveryOfficeName,company,department,title,sn,cn,name,givenname,mail,mailNickname,telephoneNumber,otherTelephone,extensionAttribute1,extensionAttribute2,extensionAttribute3,extensionAttribute4;subtree"

    Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)
    csw, Jun 23, 2010

  2. csw

    Bob Barrows Guest

    csw wrote:
    > Environment: Windows 2008 R2
    > IIS 7.5
    >
    > I have an ASP program that will run on the server, but it will crash
    > on this
    > statement "Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)" when I
    > run in my
    > desktop using IE 7.
    >

    > It will run from http://localhost/
    > It won't run from http://testserver:80/

    Define "crash"

    --
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Jun 23, 2010

  3. csw

    csw Guest

    IE error:
    500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be
    displayed.

    FailedReqLogFiles warning:

    27. -MODULE_SET_RESPONSE_ERROR_STATUS
    ModuleName IIS Web Core
    Notification 2
    HttpStatus 401
    HttpReason Unauthorized
    HttpSubStatus 2
    ErrorCode 2147942405
    ConfigExceptionInfo
    Notification AUTHENTICATE_REQUEST
    ErrorCode Access is denied. (0x80070005)

    I tried many ways to see what other messages that I can get, but did not get
    any further error message.

    csw, Jun 24, 2010
  4. csw

    Dan Guest

    The IIS user account doesn't have permission to execute the script. It works
    locally because it's using integrated authentication to run under your user
    credentials, but when you run it on the other server the permissions are
    different.

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 24, 2010
  5. csw

    csw Guest

    Re: ASP pgm that will run on the server locally, but it crashes re

    FailedReqLogFiles Errors:

    CurrentStatement Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)
    SizeOfStatement 46
    Error65. -ASP_LOG_ERROR
    LineNumber 53
    ErrorCode 80040e37
    Description An operations error occurred.

    csw, Jun 24, 2010
  6. csw

    Dan Guest

    Sorry, in my other reply I should have said that your login credentials
    don't have sufficient permissions on the other server (if using integrated
    authentication), or the IIS user account doesn't (if anonymous), or if using
    impersonation somewhere in the application then the impersonated account
    doesn't have sufficient permissions. Anyway, it's a permissions problem,
    hence the 401 HTTP status and the "Access is denied" error description.

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 24, 2010
  7. csw

    Bob Barrows Guest

    I'm sure Dan has the correct answer for you but you are not seeing the
    real error message. Read this:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Jun 24, 2010
  8. csw

    csw Guest

    Re: ASP pgm that will run on the server locally, but it crashes re

    Bob,

    Thanks. I am trying to find where in IIS7 turn on "Send detailed error
    messages to the client". Any idea?

    csw, Jun 24, 2010
  9. csw

    csw Guest

    Re: ASP pgm that will run on the server locally, but it crashes re

    Dan,

    In IIS 7,
    a new Windows built-in group named IIS_IUSRS replaces the local IIS_WPG
    group. A new Windows built-in account called IUSR replaces the local
    IUSR_MachineName anonymous account from IIS 6.0. So I granted IIS_IUSRS group
    modify right on the physical path.
    Any other account that I need to grant permissions?

    Thanks
    csw, Jun 24, 2010
  10. csw

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Re: ASP pgm that will run on the server locally, but it crashes re

    Nope. No servers here with IIS7, sorry. Did you try to google it?

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Jun 24, 2010
  11. csw

    Dan Guest

    "csw" <> wrote in message
    > Dan,
    >
    > In IIS 7,
    > a new Windows built-in group named IIS_IUSRS replaces the local IIS_WPG
    > group. A new Windows built-in account called IUSR replaces the local
    > IUSR_MachineName anonymous account from IIS 6.0. So I granted IIS_IUSRS
    > group
    > modify right on the physical path.
    > Any other account that I need to grant permissions?
    >
    > Thanks

    Sorry, no idea. I'm still running IIS6 on Windows 2003.

    --
    Dan
    Dan, Jun 25, 2010
  12. csw

    csw Guest

    Re: ASP pgm that will run on the server locally, but it crashes re

    Thank for your help

    csw, Jun 25, 2010