<asp:ScriptManager> tag interferes with javaScript createCallOptions/behavior?

Jay

I have a web app that uses some javaScript behaviors (using the
createCallOptions method) that go off and call webmethods and return/
display data on the web page.

When I introduced the DragPanelExtender, my behaviors started firing
"Unknown Server Error"s all of a sudden.

I isolated it to the <asp:ScriptManager> tag. When I pull that out,
the behavior works. When it is in, I get the error.

Can anyone shed any light on why this inteferes? And if/what the
workaround is?

Thank you in advance...Jay

Jay

I have a web app that uses some javaScript behaviors (using the
createCallOptions method) that go off and call webmethods and return/
display data on the web page.

When I introduced the DragPanelExtender, my behaviors started firing
"Unknown Server Error"s all of a sudden.

I isolated it to the <asp:ScriptManager> tag. When I pull that out,
the behavior works. When it is in, I get the error.

Can anyone shed any light on why this inteferes? And if/what the
workaround is?

Thank you in advance...Jay

Update:

I debugged into the webservice webmethod and it returns out of there
with everything intact. But when I step over the javascript call,
everything turns null and I get "Unknown Server Error".

Is it possible that there is some kind of interference between the
Microsoft.XMLHTTP object and the AjaxControlToolKit.DLL? Is there a
workaround?

Thank you

Jay

UPDATE:

Well I figured it out. How bizarre. We were passing in a javascript
declared 'new Array()' (which was null in this case) via behavior to a
webmethod. Was working fine UNTILL I dropped a <asp:ScriptManager> tag
onto the web form. Then, and only then would the return from the call
turn into garbage. The fix was to check for null in the array and pass
"" at worst. That made everything happy. This is very strange that the
scriptmanager control must be less forgiving in syntax or something.