    my page it will show to him for 20min.If anybody knows any function
    that i can use please tell me.
    , Apr 26, 2007

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 26 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > i wanna know is ther any function in ASP that i can use to masure the
    > time like stop watch or something.

    No.

    > As if i want whenever client opens
    > my page it will show to him for 20min.If anybody knows any function
    > that i can use please tell me.

    ASP is a platform for serverside programming in vbs or js.

    As soon as the page is sent to the client browser
    it is out of control to ASP coding.

    So you will need clientside coding for your wish,
    and that is off topic on this NG.

    Look for clientside coding NG's like:

    comp.lang.javascript

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 26, 2007

  3. Trevor L. Guest

    Evertjan. wrote:
    > wrote on 26 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >> i wanna know is ther any function in ASP that i can use to masure the
    >> time like stop watch or something.

    > No.
    >
    >> As if i want whenever client opens
    >> my page it will show to him for 20min.If anybody knows any function
    >> that i can use please tell me.

    > ASP is a platform for serverside programming in vbs or js.
    >
    > As soon as the page is sent to the client browser
    > it is out of control to ASP coding.
    >
    > So you will need clientside coding for your wish,
    > and that is off topic on this NG.
    >
    > Look for clientside coding NG's like:
    >
    > comp.lang.javascript
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    Or try thse which you can access from the same news server as this NG.
    microsoft.public.frontpage.client
    microsoft.public.frontpage.programming
    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
    (I have yet to find a server apart from Google, perhaps, where I can access
    comp.lang.javascript AND reply to posts)

    When I see the post, I can answer since I have replied to others on this
    topic
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.
    Trevor L., Apr 27, 2007
  4. Evertjan. Guest

    Trevor L. wrote on 27 apr 2007 in

    > Or try thse which you can access from the same news server as this NG.
    > microsoft.public.frontpage.client
    > microsoft.public.frontpage.programming
    > microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
    > (I have yet to find a server apart from Google, perhaps, where I can
    > access comp.lang.javascript AND reply to posts)

    Then you seem to have missed the many many thousands of news servers of
    usenet
    that carry c.l.j.

    Usenet is best accessed with a dedicated news reader,
    not with a web interface.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 27, 2007
  5. Trevor L. Guest

    Evertjan. wrote:
    > Trevor L. wrote on 27 apr 2007 in
    >
    >> Or try thse which you can access from the same news server as this
    >> NG. microsoft.public.frontpage.client
    >> microsoft.public.frontpage.programming
    >> microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
    >> (I have yet to find a server apart from Google, perhaps, where I can
    >> access comp.lang.javascript AND reply to posts)

    > Then you seem to have missed the many many thousands of news servers
    > of usenet
    > that carry c.l.j.
    >
    > Usenet is best accessed with a dedicated news reader,
    > not with a web interface.
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    OK This may be the information I need

    I do not use a web interface to access the microsoft newgroups. I access
    them through OE6. The MS newsgroups appear as folders after "Local Folders"
    and I can open them, read the posts AND reply to them.

    Can you recommend a news reader that will behave in the same way with c.l.j.
    ?

    Trevor L., Apr 28, 2007
  6. Evertjan. Guest

    Trevor L. wrote on 28 apr 2007 in

    >> Usenet is best accessed with a dedicated news reader,
    >> not with a web interface.
    >>

    > OK This may be the information I need
    >
    > I do not use a web interface to access the microsoft newgroups. I
    > access them through OE6. The MS newsgroups appear as folders after
    > "Local Folders" and I can open them, read the posts AND reply to them.
    >
    > Can you recommend a news reader that will behave in the same way with
    > c.l.j. ?

    I suppose Outlook must be able to do all that.
    The working of a news reader does not depend
    on which of the 70.000+ groups you "read",
    [unless you have set a special rule].

    [I NEVER use outlook, I use Pegasis mail for Email]

    !!! Your news server should carry c.l.j., does it? !!!

    However a dedicated news reader is much easier.

    My preference is Xnews <http://xnews.newsguy.com/>

    See the NG: news.software.readers

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 28, 2007
  7. Trevor L. wrote:
    > Evertjan. wrote:
    >> Trevor L. wrote on 27 apr 2007 in
    >>
    >>> Or try thse which you can access from the same news server as this
    >>> NG. microsoft.public.frontpage.client
    >>> microsoft.public.frontpage.programming
    >>> microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
    >>> (I have yet to find a server apart from Google, perhaps, where I can
    >>> access comp.lang.javascript AND reply to posts)

    >> Then you seem to have missed the many many thousands of news servers
    >> of usenet
    >> that carry c.l.j.
    >>
    >> Usenet is best accessed with a dedicated news reader,
    >> not with a web interface.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Evertjan.
    >> The Netherlands.
    >> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)

    > OK This may be the information I need
    >
    > I do not use a web interface to access the microsoft newgroups. I
    > access them through OE6. The MS newsgroups appear as folders after
    > "Local Folders" and I can open them, read the posts AND reply to them.
    >
    > Can you recommend a news reader that will behave in the same way with
    > c.l.j. ?

    It's not OE-dependent: the news server you are using controls the newsgroups
    you are seeing. msnews.microsoft.com, while allowing the best access to the
    microsoft public groups, does not include c.l.j. You have to attach to a
    news server that does in order to subscribe to c.l.j. As Evertjian says,
    your ISP probably has a news server as part of the service they are selling
    you. You will need to ask them for details, but it might be something like
    news.canberra.com

    Fortunately, OE allows you to create and use multiple "accounts". Just go to
    Tools|Accounts and start the wizard to create a new news account (pretty
    much the same procedure you used to gain access to the private MVP groups -
    only substitute your ISP's news server)

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"