asp time function

munusoni

hi,
i wanna know is ther any function in ASP that i can use to masure the
time like stop watch or something.As if i want whenever client opens
my page it will show to him for 20min.If anybody knows any function
that i can use please tell me.

Evertjan.

wrote on 26 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
i wanna know is ther any function in ASP that i can use to masure the
time like stop watch or something.
No.

As if i want whenever client opens
my page it will show to him for 20min.If anybody knows any function
that i can use please tell me.

ASP is a platform for serverside programming in vbs or js.

As soon as the page is sent to the client browser
it is out of control to ASP coding.

So you will need clientside coding for your wish,
and that is off topic on this NG.

Look for clientside coding NG's like:

comp.lang.javascript

Trevor L.

Evertjan. said:
wrote on 26 apr 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

ASP is a platform for serverside programming in vbs or js.

As soon as the page is sent to the client browser
it is out of control to ASP coding.

So you will need clientside coding for your wish,
and that is off topic on this NG.

Look for clientside coding NG's like:

comp.lang.javascript

Or try thse which you can access from the same news server as this NG.
microsoft.public.frontpage.client
microsoft.public.frontpage.programming
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
(I have yet to find a server apart from Google, perhaps, where I can access
comp.lang.javascript AND reply to posts)

When I see the post, I can answer since I have replied to others on this
topic
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

Evertjan.

Trevor L. wrote on 27 apr 2007 in
Or try thse which you can access from the same news server as this NG.
microsoft.public.frontpage.client
microsoft.public.frontpage.programming
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
(I have yet to find a server apart from Google, perhaps, where I can
access comp.lang.javascript AND reply to posts)

Then you seem to have missed the many many thousands of news servers of
usenet
that carry c.l.j.

Usenet is best accessed with a dedicated news reader,
not with a web interface.

Trevor L.

Evertjan. said:
Trevor L. wrote on 27 apr 2007 in

Then you seem to have missed the many many thousands of news servers
of usenet
that carry c.l.j.

Usenet is best accessed with a dedicated news reader,
not with a web interface.

OK This may be the information I need

I do not use a web interface to access the microsoft newgroups. I access
them through OE6. The MS newsgroups appear as folders after "Local Folders"
and I can open them, read the posts AND reply to them.

Can you recommend a news reader that will behave in the same way with c.l.j.
?

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.
[ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
MVPS Website: http://trevorl.mvps.org/

Evertjan.

Trevor L. wrote on 28 apr 2007 in
OK This may be the information I need

I do not use a web interface to access the microsoft newgroups. I
access them through OE6. The MS newsgroups appear as folders after
"Local Folders" and I can open them, read the posts AND reply to them.

Can you recommend a news reader that will behave in the same way with
c.l.j. ?

I suppose Outlook must be able to do all that.
The working of a news reader does not depend
on which of the 70.000+ groups you "read",
[unless you have set a special rule].

[I NEVER use outlook, I use Pegasis mail for Email]

!!! Your news server should carry c.l.j., does it? !!!

However a dedicated news reader is much easier.

My preference is Xnews <http://xnews.newsguy.com/>

See the NG: news.software.readers

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Trevor said:
OK This may be the information I need

I do not use a web interface to access the microsoft newgroups. I
access them through OE6. The MS newsgroups appear as folders after
"Local Folders" and I can open them, read the posts AND reply to them.

Can you recommend a news reader that will behave in the same way with
c.l.j. ?

It's not OE-dependent: the news server you are using controls the newsgroups
you are seeing. msnews.microsoft.com, while allowing the best access to the
microsoft public groups, does not include c.l.j. You have to attach to a
news server that does in order to subscribe to c.l.j. As Evertjian says,
your ISP probably has a news server as part of the service they are selling
you. You will need to ask them for details, but it might be something like
news.canberra.com

Fortunately, OE allows you to create and use multiple "accounts". Just go to
Tools|Accounts and start the wizard to create a new news account (pretty
much the same procedure you used to gain access to the private MVP groups -
only substitute your ISP's news server)