ASP to HTML

sushmeen

Hi Guys

Actually my website was in .html before Jagger's Update and suddenly my
website ranking falled worstly. Then I redesigned my website and now
all pages are in .asp.

There are certain questions in my mind which I would like to know
before taking any step.

Can I switch my website from .asp to .html now?

Does it effect my website domain in any way (I mean does google ban my
website by switching again and again. So scared!!!!)

What steps should I take before switching my website from asp to html.

All responses would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Can I switch my website from .asp to .html now?
Yes.

re:
Does it effect my website domain in any way (I mean does google ban my
website by switching again and again. So scared!!!!)

No. It doesn't affect it at all.

re:
What steps should I take before switching my website from asp to html.

Be ready to relinquish a lot of data-handling capabilities and efficiency.

btw, do you *really* mean "asp", or do you mean "aspx" ?
If you meant "asp", you should have posted this to microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

Aemca

No. It doesn't affect it at all.

Wrong, it depends on how you go about this but any links made to old urls
which have built a certain page rank will lose it's rank if you don't use:
301 headers to indicate that these items have moved.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
if you don't use 301 headers to indicate that these items have moved.

So, using 301 headers will not affect the rank ?

Thank you for confirming my pov.

Switching from asp to html will not, necessarily, affect the domain's page ranke,
and -certainly- google does not ban the domain if you do.

Mischa Kroon

if you don't use 301 headers to indicate that these items have moved.
So, using 301 headers will not affect the rank ?

Thank you for confirming my pov.

Switching from asp to html will not, necessarily, affect the domain's page
ranke,
and -certainly- google does not ban the domain if you do.

Yes, your right that's exactly what you said :p

How stupid of me.