ASP to PHP

Matt White

Hi,

We recently inherited some ASP scripts but we don't run any IIS
servers so we are converting them to PHP. I don't know hardly anything
about ASP and I've certainly never converted a script from ASP to PHP.
Formerly, one script used to connect to the database with:

strconnect = "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=" &dbserver & ";Initial
Catalog="&Database&";User Id="&Username&";Password="&Password&";"
Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
sql = "SELECT...."
rs.Open sql, strConnect

This is all the information available to me. What do I need to do to
connect to the database in PHP? If I knew what type of DB it was it
might be easier, but I don't even know that for sure. Thanks!