ASP vs ASPX ?

michaaal

I have been using ASP for a few years now. For the most part I have been
able to make it do what I need for it to do. Is there a reason I might want
to be learning ASPX? Can someone point out some of the general differences
between ASP and ASPX?

Thank you in advance,
Michaaael

Elie Grouchko

ASPX or ASP.Net is a completely different programming model. From my
experience the main difference is that in ASP it is hard to develop
big/complex applications unless using DCOM components written in one of the
Visual Studio 6.0 languages (VB or C++).

ASP.Net allow you to develop big web applications in C#, VB or C++ without
having to suffer the DCOM performance penalty, and with full support of the
..Net IDE, and >net applications are easier to deploy than DCOM components.

My recomendation is that if you do not have more than a few hundreds lines
of code to write, you can continue using ASP, but if you start counting in
thousands of lines start thinking about .Net.

Elie Grouchko

Bã§TãRÐ

ASP.net is compiled code so theoretically its supposed to be fatser
than classic asp. One thing that I have noticed and heard from
numerous sources is all the hard stuff you've had to do in ASP (i.e dB
connections , form controls etc) have been made much much much easier
to use. It is these performance enhancements to the common every day
crap I have to deal with that has prompted me to start learning about
asp.net

Bastard

michaaal

Bã§TãRÐ said:
ASP.net is compiled code so theoretically its supposed to be fatser
than classic asp. One thing that I have noticed and heard from
numerous sources is all the hard stuff you've had to do in ASP (i.e dB
connections , form controls etc) have been made much much much easier
to use. It is these performance enhancements to the common every day
crap I have to deal with that has prompted me to start learning about
asp.net

Bastard

Thanks Guys.