    between ASP and ASPX?

    Thank you in advance,
    Michaaael

    michaaal, Jul 22, 2004

  2. ASPX or ASP.Net is a completely different programming model. From my
    experience the main difference is that in ASP it is hard to develop
    big/complex applications unless using DCOM components written in one of the
    Visual Studio 6.0 languages (VB or C++).

    ASP.Net allow you to develop big web applications in C#, VB or C++ without
    having to suffer the DCOM performance penalty, and with full support of the
    ..Net IDE, and >net applications are easier to deploy than DCOM components.

    My recomendation is that if you do not have more than a few hundreds lines
    of code to write, you can continue using ASP, but if you start counting in
    thousands of lines start thinking about .Net.

    Elie Grouchko

    "michaaal" <> wrote in message
    > I have been using ASP for a few years now. For the most part I have been
    > able to make it do what I need for it to do. Is there a reason I might

    want
    > to be learning ASPX? Can someone point out some of the general

    differences

    Elie Grouchko, Jul 22, 2004

  3. michaaal wrote:
    > I have been using ASP for a few years now. For the most part I have
    > been able to make it do what I need for it to do. Is there a reason
    > I might want to be learning ASPX? Can someone point out some of the
    > general differences between ASP and ASPX?
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Michaaael

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ASP vs ASPX&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wg

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 22, 2004
  4. michaaal

    Bã§TãRÐ Guest

    ASP.net is compiled code so theoretically its supposed to be fatser
    than classic asp. One thing that I have noticed and heard from
    numerous sources is all the hard stuff you've had to do in ASP (i.e dB
    connections , form controls etc) have been made much much much easier
    to use. It is these performance enhancements to the common every day
    crap I have to deal with that has prompted me to start learning about
    asp.net

    Bastard

    Bã§TãRÐ, Jul 28, 2004
  5. michaaal

    michaaal Guest

    "Bã§TãRÐ" <> wrote in message
    > ASP.net is compiled code so theoretically its supposed to be fatser
    > than classic asp. One thing that I have noticed and heard from
    > numerous sources is all the hard stuff you've had to do in ASP (i.e dB
    > connections , form controls etc) have been made much much much easier
    > to use. It is these performance enhancements to the common every day
    > crap I have to deal with that has prompted me to start learning about
    > asp.net
    >
    > Bastard
    >

    > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:16:56 -0400, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >michaaal wrote:
    > >> I have been using ASP for a few years now. For the most part I have
    > >> been able to make it do what I need for it to do. Is there a reason
    > >> I might want to be learning ASPX? Can someone point out some of the
    > >> general differences between ASP and ASPX?
    > >>
    > >> Thank you in advance,
    > >> Michaaael

    >http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ASP vs ASPX&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff

    =1&sa=N&tab=wg