    more text, and suddenly the results are not being displayed on my webpage.

    Has anyone encountered this before?

    Thanks, Amanda

    Amanda H, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Do you see the data in a view-source?

    If not, this? http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2188

    Ray at work

    "Amanda H" <> wrote in message
    > I just modified a SQL table field's datatype from char to text to

    accomodate

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Feb 11, 2005

  3. Amanda H

    Amanda H Guest

    Yes, I can see data in Enterprise Manager.

    I've gotten around the problem by changing the datatype to nvarchar, but I
    don't know much about what that datatype is...

    - Amanda

    message news:...

    Amanda H, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Amanda H

    Uncle Ben Guest

    Amanda,

    You need to name your columns in the SELECT statement and put the column of
    Text datatype last. i.e. don't do SELECT *

    Then in your ASP, retrieve those columns in the same order as your SELECT
    statement.

    See if that helps.

    Uncle Ben, Mar 16, 2005