ASP will not display SQL text datatype

Amanda H

I just modified a SQL table field's datatype from char to text to accomodate
more text, and suddenly the results are not being displayed on my webpage.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks, Amanda

Amanda H

Yes, I can see data in Enterprise Manager.

I've gotten around the problem by changing the datatype to nvarchar, but I
don't know much about what that datatype is...

- Amanda

Uncle Ben

Amanda,

You need to name your columns in the SELECT statement and put the column of
Text datatype last. i.e. don't do SELECT *

Then in your ASP, retrieve those columns in the same order as your SELECT
statement.

See if that helps.