    same, the only exception is my machine has IIS installed on it. I have
    tried to run it on another machine with IIS installed and no luck.

    Any ideas out there?

    Dthmtlgod, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Dthmtlgod

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:52:32 -0500, "Dthmtlgod" <>
    wrote:

    >Sorry about the multiple posts (none to this forum), but I have made some
    >progress on my Access Denied problem.
    >
    >On my machine, I can access machines remote to pull WMI data via ASP. This
    >is what I want.
    >
    >I can't access the information when I log onto another machine. None of the
    >other administrators have any luck either.
    >
    >I believe it is a setting on my machine. All the machines are built the
    >same, the only exception is my machine has IIS installed on it. I have
    >tried to run it on another machine with IIS installed and no luck.
    >
    >Any ideas out there?

    Need a better definition of "can't access". Can't get the ASP page?
    The data is incorrect in the page? The WMI code doesn't work?

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Mar 15, 2005

  3. Dthmtlgod

    Dthmtlgod Guest

    Receiving this error

    Error Type:
    SWbemLocator (0x80041003)
    Access denied
    /eventlog3.asp, line 33

    CN = "sasl0006"

    set wmiLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")

    Set wmiServices = wmiLocator.ConnectServer(CN) ** Errors on this line **

    It works on my machine no problem, but other users get the above error. I
    get the error as well when I access the site from another computer.

    Dthmtlgod, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Are you accessing the site anonymously, or is anonymous access disabled? Is
    IIS set to impersonate someone other than the local IUSR account?

    The reason you are getting errors in specific instances is similar to why,
    in a default scenario, users can't connect to Access databases or text files
    on a network share. (See http://www.aspfaq.com/2168). In addition, most
    WMI capabilities require elevated privileges aside from just read/write (I
    think Admin is required for any change functionality, and for some read as
    well).

    So, you either need to force windows authentication and require the user to
    use a domain account possessing these elevated permissions, or you can set
    IIS to impersonate a similar elevated user. Perfhound was written largely
    using WMI, and it has the same limitations. See how to work around them
    here:

    http://www.aspfaq.com/perfhound.asp

    --
    Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
    See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 15, 2005