ASP x ASP.NET Sessions

Fabiano

Please,

i've a website that works on ASP. Now i'm creating some new pages on
ASP.NET.

But when i hyperlink from my ASP page to my ASP.NET i loose all session. The
same i get when i need to go frmo ASP.NET to ASP.

how can i solve it?

Tks

Fabiano

Scott M.

Classic ASP and ASP.NET both expose a session object, but they are not the
same session object and therefore don't share data between them.

You will need to create your own "bridge" to pass the data yourself between
pages.

Databases, Cookies, hidden form fields are all possibilities.

Matt Howeson

We have recently posted an article on our website regarding this. If you
don't want to rewrite all your pages that access the session object this is
probably one of the quickest and easiest solutions.

http://www.3internet.com/resources/aspdotnet/sharingsessionstate.aspx

You may find this a good option while you transfer old asp pages into
ASP.net.