ASPFileUpload Not working working using MAC Safari browser

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Foreman, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. Foreman

    Foreman Guest

    Foreman, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jan 24, 2005

  3. Foreman

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You'll need to explain what you mean by "not working"

    Have you tried running the component in a debugger to see what is happening?

    You might also give one of the Script-only uploaders a try to see if it
    behaves differently.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Foreman

    Foreman Guest

    Hey there,

    What happens is the following:

    IE6 (correct):

    The main form calls an asp file that creates a folder, creates a text file
    in the new folder, and then calls the ASPFileUploads dll (provided by MSDN)
    and DOES upload the file to the new folder.

    Safari (incorrect):

    The main form calls an asp file that creates 10-20 folders (arbitrarily) and
    then calls the ASPFileUploads dll (provided by MSDN) and DOES NOT upload the
    file.

    Foreman, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Foreman

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Safari is probably not sending the data in a format that the ASPUpload
    component expects.

    If you have a network trace utility available have a look at a request from
    each browser. If not try using a simple page to do a binary read and write
    the entire thing to a file so that you can see the differences.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Foreman

    Foreman Guest

    Hello,

    Here is the full outline of the issue:

    Server: Windows 2000
    Web Server: IIS 5.0
    Database: SQL Server 2000 Spk 3
    Web Pages: ASP (MDE 6.0)

    History
    I have an ASP Page that uses enctype="multipart/form-data" and posts the
    form upload to another asp file.

    The second asp file opens SQL Server, creates a new record in the Uploads
    table and retrieves the ID. The ID is used as the name of a new folder
    created. Then the file is uploaded the new folder location using the
    ASPFileUpload dll provided by MSDN.

    Problem
    When using the Safari browser (MAC OS X) there are numerous records created
    in the DB and numerous folders created, with no uploaded file present.

    It is as if the Safari browser is calling the page 10 times, and only going
    as far as the new record in the DB and the creation of the folders each time.

    Finally the following error occurs on the MAC: "Safari can't connect to the
    server: Safari can't open the page '<http page>' because it could not connect
    to the server '<web site root>'".

    Thanks in advance.

    Foreman, Jan 25, 2005