aspnet email control to differentiate reply to" and "bounced / rejected" messages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stuart Harden, Aug 31, 2007.

  1. We use Exchange 2007, but asp.net programs we have written to send out the
    mail. Is there an asp.net control to request the bounce backs be to a
    specific address?

    We can of course do this on the client end; it would be "simple" enough to
    have the logged in "from" person set a
    filter on their incoming mail software which would forward the bounce backs
    to the desired address, but, I have been asked if I can do this from an
    administrative end, thus not requiring the client to set filters in their
    email software.

    We manage outgoing email where the "sender" is to match
    the sending server ip, and a reply to that matches the logged in "from"
    for the purpose of them actually receiving the
    message when a recipient clicks "reply" to said message. However, we would
    like to route the bounce back messages somewhere other than the "reply to"
    address.

    Any way I can think of to manage it on the Exchange server does not appear
    to allow for different addresses based on whether it is a replied email for
    the sender or a bounced email.

    I considered creating inbox rules on our server, but prefer to have any
    addresses as forward only, or at least as "space
    limited" presence on our server as possible.

    Hopefully this makes sense...any help Greatly appreciated-

    Stuart

    P.S. I asked this, in a slightly different format, in the Exchange admin
    forum, but have received no replies. Sorry if this is considered
    cross-posting, but I hoped differently focused readers would have more
    input.

    Stuart Harden, Aug 31, 2007

  2. On Aug 31, 3:04 pm, "Stuart Harden" <>
    wrote:
    > We use Exchange 2007, but asp.net programs we have written to send out the
    > mail. Is there an asp.net control to request the bounce backs be to a
    > specific address?
    >
    > We can of course do this on the client end; it would be "simple" enough to
    > have the logged in "from" person set a
    > filter on their incoming mail software which would forward the bounce backs
    > to the desired address, but, I have been asked if I can do this from an
    > administrative end, thus not requiring the client to set filters in their
    > email software.
    >
    > We manage outgoing email where the "sender" is to match
    > the sending server ip, and a reply to that matches the logged in "from"
    > for the purpose of them actually receiving the
    > message when a recipient clicks "reply" to said message. However, we would
    > like to route the bounce back messages somewhere other than the "reply to"
    > address.
    >
    > Any way I can think of to manage it on the Exchange server does not appear
    > to allow for different addresses based on whether it is a replied email for
    > the sender or a bounced email.
    >
    > I considered creating inbox rules on our server, but prefer to have any
    > addresses as forward only, or at least as "space
    > limited" presence on our server as possible.
    >
    > Hopefully this makes sense...any help Greatly appreciated-
    >
    > Stuart
    >
    > P.S. I asked this, in a slightly different format, in the Exchange admin
    > forum, but have received no replies. Sorry if this is considered
    > cross-posting, but I hoped differently focused readers would have more
    > input.

    EasyMail .NET
    http://www.quiksoft.com/support/forum/viewmsg.asp?message_id=861303

    Alexey Smirnov, Aug 31, 2007