ASPNET Select permission denied...

Donald Adams

I programmed my web using VS.Net 2005 with the a website as a file system
and Database as system wide(as in not using the dynamic attach method) SQL
2005 DB.
I had no problem during development. Finally, I published my web and I get
the following error:

SELECT permission denied on object ....

My connection string is:
<add name="defaultSqlServer" connectionString="Server=.;Integrated
Security=SSPI;Database=MetaBase" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
or
<add name="defaultSqlServer" connectionString="Server=.;Integrated
Security=True;Database=MetaBase" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
Both work before publishing.
The aspnet login is successful, but that error occurs with any other kind of
db access. So I set the ASPNET account to have grant access to all
permissions and dbo as the Grantor, but I still get that error. I have
confirmed that the actual user is ASPNET via the SQL Profiler.
Any help would be appeciated.

Thanks in advance,
Donald Adams

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

and did you check that ASPNET has select permissions on that object??

in which database role is ASPNET?

Donald Adams

In SQL Server Management Studio, I select permissons for the object, then
View schema permissions, then view database permissions, then I can see all
the Grants checked under: Explicit permissions for ASPNET, which includes
"Select dbo Grant".
But if I click "Effective Permissions" it shows a list in which "Select" is
not included. Why would that be when I have Explicitly check grant all?

,,,Donald

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

table->properties->permissions->Add...->grant select works for me

i assume you already have added ASPNET user as a DB user - for a test - add
the user to the db_owner database role (in security->logins->account properties->user
mappings).