aspnet_regsql

Jeff

hey

asp.net 2.0

I have created several asp.net 2.0 projects on my development box (small
projects). Now I want to deploy one of my projects to a live server. This
project is using a aspnetdb.mdf database. I've read that I need to use
aspnet_reqsql to deploy this sql database over to the live server....

My problem is this:
In aspnet_regsql I follow the wizard (I click the "next button") until I
come to window in the aspnet_regsql wizard asking me for database
credentials (server name, authentication method, user name, password and
database). I have the Windows authentication selected and gets this error
when trying to select (I clicked on the arrow in the database field) a
database I get this error:

"Failed to query a list of database names from the Sql Server.
An error has ocured while establising a connection to the server. When
conecting to Sql Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQl Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open connection to
Sql Server)"

I've got these programs installed on my development box:
Microsoft MSDN 2005 Express Edition - ENU
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (trial version)
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU

Any suggestions to solutions to this problem?

Jeff