    Event ID: 1082
    Date: 1/18/2004
    Time: 12:50:47 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the failure: 80004005
    Lynn, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Lynn

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Check out those KB :

    PRB: "Aspnet_wp.exe Could Not Be Started" Error Message When You View
    an ASP.NET Page
    (811320) - When you try to view a page in an ASP.NET application, you
    may receive the following error message: Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh"...

    FIX: Cannot Browse to ASP.NET Pages If Computer Name Contains Certain
    Words
    (323292) - When you try to browse to pages in an ASP.NET application,
    you cannot open them, and you receive the following error message in the
    browser: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are
    attempting to access on this web server is...

    FIX: Cannot Attach a User-Mode Debugger to the Aspnet_wp.exe Process
    Through Image File Run Options
    (820747) - Cannot Attach User-Mode Debugger to Aspnet_wp.exe via Image
    File Execution Options

    You receive a "W3wp.exe could not be started" error message in the
    application event log when you view an ASP.NET page
    (833444) - When you try to view a page in a Microsoft ASP.NET
    application on Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0, you may
    receive the following error message: Server Application Unavailable The
    web application you are attempting to access on this web...

    FIX: ASP.NET Does Not Work with the Default ASPNET Account on a Domain
    Controller
    (315158) - After you install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET or the
    Microsoft .NET Framework on a domain controller or on a backup domain
    controller, if you try to run an ASP.NET application, the browser
    displays the following error message: Server Application...

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    i reinstalled framework and got this error:

    Server Error in '/WoodgroveNet' Application.
    ----

    Unhandled Execution Error

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x80041b58)]

    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Interop.Publishing.CmsHttpContextClass.Initializ
    e(String currentUrl, String httpHostName, Int32 serverPort, Boolean
    isSecureServer, Int32 iisInstanceId, String remoteMachineAddress, String
    authenticationType, String authenticationToken, Int32 windowsUserHandle,
    String ClientAccountName) +0
    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.CmsHttpContext.initialize(IntPtr
    windowsToken, String cmsAuthToken, String clientUserName, String
    clientAccountType) +297

    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.CmsHttpContext.getCmsHttpContextFromI
    dentity(HttpContext httpContext) +1088
    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.CmsHttpContext.get_Current() +57

    [CmsServerException]
    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.CmsHttpContext.get_Current() +251

    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Web.Security.CmsAuthorizationModule.Application_
    OnAuthorizeRequest(Object source, EventArgs e) +82

    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.
    Execute() +60
    completedSynchronously) +87

    ----
    Version:1.1.4322.573

    Lynn, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Lynn

    Natty Gur Guest

    Topic: Exception with Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4

    After installing Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 the following exception
    occurs when I browse my web site: COMException (0x80041b58)

    Answer

    There are several different reasons for this. Check the detailed call
    stack.

    SeImpersonatePriviledge missing:
    [COMException (0x80041b58)]
    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Interop.Publishing.CmsHttpContextClass.Initi
    alize(String currentUrl, String httpHostName, Int32 serverPort, Boolean
    isSecureServer, Int32 iisInstanceId, String remoteMachineAddress, String
    authenticationType, String authenticationToken, Int32 windowsUserHandle,
    String ClientAccountName) +0

    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.CmsHttpContext.initialize(IntPtr
    windowsToken, String cmsAuthToken, String clientUserName, String
    clientAccountType) +297

    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.CmsHttpContext.getCmsHttpContextF
    romIdentity(HttpContext httpContext) +1088
    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.CmsHttpContext.get_Current()
    +57

    The Account running the ASPNET_WP worker process is missing the
    SeImpersonatePrivilege privilege when Windows 2000 SP4 is installed. On
    member servers this is the ASPNET account or a different account
    configured in either machine.config or web.config. You need to add the
    SeImpersonatePriviledge to the account running the ASPNET_WP worker
    process.

    On Windows 2000 domain controllers with .NET Framework 1.1 the default
    account is not the ASPNET account but the IWAM_<machinename> account.

    A solution is provided in the CMS 2002 SP1 Readme file.

    Known bug in the the PostingObject.Approvers(Boolean) method:
    [COMException (0x80041b58): Server error. Contact the site
    administrator.]
    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Interop.Publishing.IRcwPosting.get_Approvers
    (Boolean doExpandUserGroups) +0
    Microsoft.ContentManagement.Publishing.Posting.Approvers(Boolean
    doExpandUserGroups) +47

    Request MCMS hotfix 828278

    References

    1.0 specific:
    315158 - FIX: ASP.NET Does Not Work with the Default ASPNET Account on a
    Domain

    1.1 specific
    824308 BUG: IWAM Account Is Not Granted the Impersonate Privilege for
    ASP.NET

    Natty Gur, Jan 18, 2004
  5. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    i can't locate MCMS hotfix 828278 from the MS site..

    Lynn, Jan 20, 2004