aspnet_wp locks some file types when copy them into a temporary directory

SP

Dear all!

I have written a web service which should archive files in a server
directory. The files are placed in a directory that the web server can
access. In the first step I copy them to a temporary directory on the
web server. Afterwards I put some data into a database table and put
one of the files into a content management system by sending an e-
mail. If all that works fine I have to copy the files from the
temporary folder into the target folder which is also accessible to
the web server. All works fine except the second copy. For some file
types (.bil and .aux) the second copy will result into the error, that
the file is already used by another process. The other process is the
ASP.NET worker process (aspnet_wp in IIS 5, w3wp in IIS 6). Other file
types don't have that problem. The problem doesn't exist, when I
rename the .bil-file into .bil1 for example.

Does anybody know, why this 2 file types are locked by the worker
process and other file types not?

Thanks and best regards.
SP