ASPx page used to execute Query needs to post results to itself

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Beryl Small, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Beryl Small

    Beryl Small Guest

    Okay,

    I have a third party (Macromedia Authorware ) software passing a student
    I.D. number to an ASP page for verification against an SQL database.
    Authorware uses something like the following:
    result:=PostUrl: http://myserver/MyAsp.aspx?Student=StudentID
    MyAsp.aspx has VB code that executes a Stored Procedure to return the
    student's name. I need to post the result back to the same form in order
    for the "result:=" variable in Authorware to receive the student's name.
    All this has to be done without the page ever being displayed on the client
    computer.

    My code looks like this:

    strSocSec = Request.QueryString("File")

    Dim Student As RemoteTestingDB = New RemoteTestingDB

    Dim strStudent As String = Student.CheckStudent(strSocSec)

    strSTudent holds the student name. Code works fine I just don't know how to
    dismiss the page and make the strStudent variable the result of the
    initiating call.

    Beryl Small, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Beryl Small

    bruce barker Guest

    you'd be better off doing a SOAP call, rather than a post. but even using
    the post, you just have to format the reponse in someway that is easy to
    parse in Macromedia's macro langauge (javascript).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 2, 2003