ASPx page used to execute Query needs to post results to itself

Beryl Small

Okay,

I have a third party (Macromedia Authorware ) software passing a student
I.D. number to an ASP page for verification against an SQL database.
Authorware uses something like the following:
result:=PostUrl: http://myserver/MyAsp.aspx?Student=StudentID
MyAsp.aspx has VB code that executes a Stored Procedure to return the
student's name. I need to post the result back to the same form in order
for the "result:=" variable in Authorware to receive the student's name.
All this has to be done without the page ever being displayed on the client
computer.

My code looks like this:

strSocSec = Request.QueryString("File")

Dim Student As RemoteTestingDB = New RemoteTestingDB

Dim strStudent As String = Student.CheckStudent(strSocSec)

strSTudent holds the student name. Code works fine I just don't know how to
dismiss the page and make the strStudent variable the result of the
initiating call.

bruce barker

you'd be better off doing a SOAP call, rather than a post. but even using
the post, you just have to format the reponse in someway that is easy to
parse in Macromedia's macro langauge (javascript).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)