    Its a good idea, make a aspx page for each different content in the central part, and then add the two menus to each aspx pages (as webcontrols of course), or there is a best way to make this?..

    Thanks in advance
    Pedro Jaraiz...
    Pedro Jaraiz, Feb 24, 2004

  2. hi Pedro, you could either do what you suggested or make the central area a
    user control and load usercontrols into the central part dynamically always
    using one form.
    I dont think there is a best practises for this and I think you need to do
    what you feel is convenient to you, in ways of maintainence and ease of
    development/deployment.

    You might further want to take a look at the IBS portal starterkit and take
    a few pointers from there as they are providing you with complete source
    code in c#, vb.net and even build onto that whereas to starting out from
    scratch.

    http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=9&tabid=47

    "Pedro Jaraiz" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, i have a newbie dude
    >
    > I would like to develop a portal, and i have two web controls (the left

    menu, and the top menu)

    > The only thing that i need its the central part (to show information

    depending in where you clicked in the menus)

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Feb 24, 2004