aspx pages still do not run

G

Hello

I am running IIS 5.1 on Win XP Pro with all the latest patches and updates. I have installed the .NET framework and attempted to run a simple .aspx page from the sample microsoft .net tutorials. The page contains a form with a text field that is populated with a value once the form is submitted. When the page is viewed in the web browser, the server code is revealed in the text field, and the page (and any other .aspx pages) does not run properly. I am assured that the code I am running is an example of VB/asp.net (not classic asp). Classic ASP pages DO run on my local web server. And the aspx page I tried does work on another web server running .NET, so its not in the syntax of the page

I ran C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i and it ran successfully. I also ran the -lv option to check the version , it returne
1.1.4322.0 Valid C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dl

So I don't know where else to go. any suggestions

thank

Ask a Question