ASPX Pages

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Hello, all.

I'm implementing a new language for the .NET framework and would
like to integrate it with ASP.NET so that I can create aspx files out
of my language code (ex: file.aspx.myl in case .myl was my language
source code file extension). I would also like to apply the ASP forms
designer to it. Any idea where I can find further information on how
ASPX and ASPX.CS files are built, and if possible to add your new
language to ASP.NET ?

Thanks,

Nathan Sokalski

If your language uses the same Common Language Runtime (CLR) as the other
..NET languages and supports the same classes, then it should be usable by
ASP.NET. However, I would suggest talking to someone with more experience
and knowledge on writing new .NET languages, since I don't believe this is
something that was intended for normal people to do. I would recommend
writing classes with one of the existing languages, because I don't think
Microsoft will be willing to modify Visual Studio .NET for a language
written for personal use unless and until it becomes popular enough.