Assembly Compilation!

Adam Knight

Hi all,
I am trying to compile an assembly.

#Code Snippets.

Imports System
Imports System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState

Public Function GetGroup() As String

Return Session("GroupId")

End Function

cd mypath
vbc /t:library /r:System.dll /r:System.Web.dll
/out:../../../bin/Security.dll security.vb
pause

I keep getting an error 'Session' is undefined.

Can someone enlighten me as to what i am doing wrong?

Kevin Spencer

The Session property is a member of classes which implement
System.Web.IHttpHandler System.Web.IHttpModule, and is a part of the
System.Web.HttpContext passed to an IHttpHandler or IHttpModule, such as
System.Web.UI.Page.

Assuming that your class is supposed to work in the context of a Page, you
can obtain a reference to the current Session via the static
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Handler property. Example:

Dim Session as System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState

If Not IsNothing(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Handler) Then
Session = CType(System.Web.UI.Page)
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Handler
Return Session("GroupId")
End If