    once. Is it controlled by my cf app, the web service, or IIS?

    TIA
    Rob

    RobGSCL, Oct 27, 2006

  2. RobGSCL

    RobGSCL Guest

    Ran a network trace and it appears the client is delaying the release
    of the requests. Is there a setting that controls this?

    TIA
    Rob

    RobGSCL, Oct 27, 2006

  3. "RobGSCL" <> wrote in message
    > Ran a network trace and it appears the client is delaying the release
    > of the requests. Is there a setting that controls this?

    How many connections were open at one time? Two?

    John

    John Saunders, Oct 28, 2006
  4. RobGSCL

    RobGSCL Guest

    John Saunders wrote:
    > "RobGSCL" <> wrote in message
    > > Ran a network trace and it appears the client is delaying the release
    > > of the requests. Is there a setting that controls this?

    > How many connections were open at one time? Two?
    >
    > John

    There was a connection for each, but for some reason it "recycled" one
    from a previous call.

    I did another experiment with varying sleep times. I first fired off a
    series of simple helloworlds followed by a sequence of sleepy
    helloworlds with varying sleep times. When I changed the number of
    simple hello worlds, it changed the order of the returns for the sleepy
    hello worlds. The return order was always the same if the number of
    simple helloworlds was the same.

    The WS client in .netCF must control the connection somehow. I can't
    seem to find a way to modify it's behavior.

    Rob

    RobGSCL, Oct 30, 2006