asynchronous callback component

CLEAR-RCIC

We have an asp.net application that will also use MSMQ. When a client makes
a request, we want to check several databases and put each response in MSMQ.
We don't want the client to wait for all responses to come back. We were
wondering if there is some component that will sit on the client and listen
for call backs from the the server. We are also concidering using AJAX to
poll MSMQ every 5 seconds and show any new responses. Has anyone had any
experience with this?

Anthony Jones

CLEAR-RCIC said:
We have an asp.net application that will also use MSMQ. When a client makes
a request, we want to check several databases and put each response in MSMQ.
We don't want the client to wait for all responses to come back. We were
wondering if there is some component that will sit on the client and listen
for call backs from the the server. We are also concidering using AJAX to
poll MSMQ every 5 seconds and show any new responses. Has anyone had any
experience with this?

This is a Classic ASP group you need

I can tell you that you're not going to get call backs from the server to
the client.

You question straddles mulitple technologies. If you know how to use MSMQ
then leave it out of your question. You should also be more specific about
what you mean by AJAX and your framework version. Are you talking any
browser using a XMLHTTPRequest or are you talking about AJAX stuff in .NET
2.0.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xFQVItUkNJQw==?= wrote on 03 apr 2007 in
We have an asp.net application that will also use MSMQ. When a client
makes a request, we want to check several databases and put each
response in MSMQ. We don't want the client to wait for all responses
to come back. We were wondering if there is some component that will
sit on the client and listen for call backs from the the server. We
are also concidering using AJAX to poll MSMQ every 5 seconds and show
any new responses. Has anyone had any experience with this?

This is a classic asp group.
Dotnet questions c/should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>