    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/259148

    Any thoughts ?
    Pierre

    Pierre Quentel, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Pierre Quentel

    Wilk Guest

    "Pierre Quentel" <> writes:

    > Python standard library provides two modules for asynchronous socket
    > programming : asyncore and asynchat. Several web servers have been built
    > upon these modules (medusa being the best-known I suppose) and are famous
    > for their performance level
    >
    > Unfortunately no example of use is provided in the standard library (whereas
    > the more "classic" SocketServer is illustrated by BaseHTTPServer,
    > SimpleHTTPServer, etc). I think it would be useful if Python came with a
    > simple HTTP server written with these modules, to help beginners understand
    > how use them
    >
    > I've written one, which handles GET and POST requests. It's inspired by (and
    > partly copied from) the http subset of medusa, only reduced to less than 200
    > lines. It's called SimpleAsyncHTTPServer and published on Active State
    > Python Cookbook
    > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/259148
    >
    > Any thoughts ?

    I think you'll be welcome in the web-sig !!!
    http://python.org/sigs/web-sig/

    --
    Wilk - http://flibuste.net

    Wilk, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Pierre Quentel

    John J. Lee Guest

    Wilk <> writes:

    > "Pierre Quentel" <> writes:

    [...]
    > > Any thoughts ?

    > I think you'll be welcome in the web-sig !!!
    > http://python.org/sigs/web-sig/

    Yes, certainly -- don't let it worry you that the discussion died down
    for the last month or so. It'll likely start up again if/when
    somebody posts something interesting (or, more accurately, when
    somebody posts something controversial ;-).

    John

    John J. Lee, Jan 10, 2004