Atlas heaviness

Amie

I wanted to hear people's opinion who have used Atlas on their project.

My project does all niffty ajax stuff, but I found that the js file
included with asp:ScriptManager is actually 360k in size! The page
takes a long time to load, and the heaviness of atlas script should be
one of factors affecting the performance.

<atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1"
runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>

renders to

<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=Qi4hHc-isCB_jHftRrw2BdAU5dq1shcNa5T7Dnjr9sB9D7sYNsmhCXhhvDf5IX_wGqAnyDt1Th2_mYi_duhZUUwG7jO7VyUzXEPnvy_3DHo1&amp;t=632896874860000000"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=Qi4hHc-isCB_jHftRrw2BdAU5dq1shcNa5T7Dnjr9sB9D7sYNsmhCXhhvDf5IX_wGqAnyDt1Th2_mYi_duhZUUl1JnpK6uIOU_RtWpi2wfg1&amp;t=632896874860000000"
type="text/javascript"></script>

When I saved the entire page, it saved two js files called
WebResource.js (16k) and WebResource_002.js (360k).

Do you know if there's a way to use portions of atlas library (if such
thing is possible)? I'm using Atlas just to map web service methods to
client-side functions. Any insights in Atlas' backend will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

-a

Amie

posted the question on asp.net atlas forum, and found that the app was
running debug mode. when release mode is used, the file size is down to
240k. it's not still great, but it's definitely less.