[ATTN] Sr. Software Development Engineer

Discussion in 'Python' started by WordStream, Aug 5, 2009.

  1. WordStream

    WordStream Guest

    Postion Title - Sr. Software Development Engineer

    Job Responsibilities
    The Sr. Software Development Engineer will be responsible for the
    design, development and implementation of the award-winning WordStream
    suite of products.

    Development is presently done primarily using Python on the server and
    Adobe Flex/HTML/AJAX as a Rich Internet Application (RIA) frontend.
    However, like everything in the computing industry, we're constantly
    evolving how we work. We're always on the lookout for newer and
    better technologies, and as a result, the technologies we use tomorrow
    are likely to be different.

    This is a full-time telecommute position. The Sr. Software
    Development Engineer can choose to work in our Boston office, or they
    can choose to work from at home or from any location in the world.

    Qualifications
    The Sr. Software Development Engineer will be an individual who has
    top-notch coding skills, and can demonstrate an aptitude to learn new
    technologies.

    Prior experience with any specific technologies (e.g., Python or Adobe
    Flex) is not a requirement; we're looking for people with a history of
    leveraging any technology to create masterpieces.

    Prior experience working on web analytics applications, search
    engines, content management systems or other Web publishing systems is
    a plus.

    Please note, only candidates with a bachelor's degree in computer
    science or engineering, or, a very substantial amount of related
    technical coursework and work experience in a related field will be
    considered.

    Related Skills
    Python, Adobe Flex, Structured Query Language (SQL), Object-Oriented
    Programming, SQLite, Open-Source software development, Git, Object-
    Relational Mapping (ORM), Postgres SQL, AJAX, HTML, Search Engine
    Optimization (SEO) or Search Engine Marketing (SEM)

    Compensation
    • Full-time salaried position, with competitive salary.
    • Position includes equity participation and comprehensive benefits
    (healthcare, vision and dental).
    • Flexibility to work from any location, worldwide.

    About WordStream
    Founded in August 2008 by experienced search marketers and software
    experts, WordStream has developed the first database-driven Keyword
    Management Software solution for pay-per-click advertisers and
    agencies. With the decline in print and traditional media, companies
    of every size are flocking to the Internet, search engine marketing
    and, specifically, Google AdWords to advertise their products and
    services. But mastering even the basics of search engine marketing
    isn’t easy – until now! From keyword discovery to ad group creation,
    WordStream helps pay-per-click advertisers build the solid keyword
    foundation required for PPC success. WordStream is backed by Sigma +
    Partners. For more information please visit: http://www.wordstream.com

    How To Apply
    To apply for the Sr. Software Development Engineer position, send a
    resume to jobs at WordStream dot com.
    WordStream, Aug 5, 2009