Attribute specifier is not a complete statement eror

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Justin Dutoit, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. Hello. I'm practising some custom authentication for web services, and I get
    the error-'

    BC32035 Attribute specifier is not a complete statement. Use a line
    continuation to apply the attribute to the following statement.

    The offending code is
    <WebMethod> _
    <SoapHeader("MySoapHeader") _
    Public Function Test As String

    The soap header part is the problem. If I put
    <SoapHeader("MySoapHeader") _
    <WebMethod> _
    Public Function Test As String

    then the Web Method part is the problem, ie the second one both times.

    I'd appreciate if someone could tell me what is happening here.

    Cheers
    Justin Dutoit

    Justin Dutoit, Oct 5, 2004

  2. I finally used <WebMethod(), SoapHeader("MySoapHeader")> instead, thanks
    anyhow

    Justin Dutoit, Oct 5, 2004