Attributes and Web Controls limitations?

Wayne

I have a <select> drop down list in a Web Control set to run at server side.

When I use the Attribute.Add routine it behaves a little strange:
ddlMenu1.Attribute.Add("OnChange", "location=this." & ddlMenu1.ClientID &
".SelectedIndex.Value")

That works, and adds the attribute inline, but when it fires it always
return NULL, no matter what.

In a straight forward HTML page that works, but not when in a control - is
this a limitation?

John Saunders

Wayne said:
I have a <select> drop down list in a Web Control set to run at server side.

When I use the Attribute.Add routine it behaves a little strange:
ddlMenu1.Attribute.Add("OnChange", "location=this." & ddlMenu1.ClientID &
".SelectedIndex.Value")

That works, and adds the attribute inline, but when it fires it always
return NULL, no matter what.

What exactly returns NULL, and what is NULL, anyway?