Authentication for ASP and ASP.NET apps

Guest

Hi, I have a created a new website (Default web site is stopped) for a
classic ASP application. The local path under Home Directory is
F:\inetpub\wwwroot\codebase and the Anonymous access, Basic authentication,
Digest Authentication are unchecked and Integrated Windows authentication is
checked in Authentication Methods (Directory Security). The purpose is to
allow the logged on user to access the site without loging in thru
application provided logon. Also there is a folder 'Employees' directly under
the site, which is not a virtual directory. Now this application hosts some
ASP.NET pages, the problem is I am unable to navigate to the ASP.NET page
because the 'Employee' folder is not a virtual directory. Is there a way to
make these pages work?

The directory structure
F:\inetpub\wwwroot\codebase (which is a Local path in Home Directory tab)
F:\inetpub\wwwroot\codebase\Employees (which is a regular directory, not a
virtual directory)

ASP.NET classes are in
F:\inetpub\wwwroot\codebase\App_Code (class files)

ASP.NET pages are in
F:\inetpub\wwwroot\codebase\Employees\protected\Register.aspx

One of the menu options on the top of a classic ASP page has a link to
Register.aspx page. When I click this link I am geting this error

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.

dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Employees/protected/Register.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.42
Register.aspx and other class files are there in the above said folders.

Any smart guys to solve this mistry?

You help is highly appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance
--dotNET