    too much for what i bargained for... But if it's worthwhile, I welcome
    suggestions. Thanks a lot.

    =dave

    D E, May 5, 2004

  2. Authentication methods really depends on what u want to do.. and what u want
    to achieve out of it..

    Select statement is the easiest possible way for authenticatoin against a
    database..

    LDAP .. is very fast .. but more complex..

    Some other things u might one to consider is do.. u need encryption?

    "D E" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running Apache Tomcat, and as of now, JDBC to Microsoft Access...
    > Considering migration from Access to MYSQL. What are the best methods for
    > authenticating a user (i.e. name/password check). So far, I'm using a

    SELECT
    > If name=[name] and password=[pw] etc. against a name/pw table in database.
    >
    > Again, I am limited by one computer and my probable lack of desire, at

    least

    Mohamad Fazli, May 5, 2004