Authentication

Guest

I have a aspx login page after the user logins (with correct userid pwd),
application allows user to go any other aspx page. If any user try to access
a aspx page directly, it redirect to login page. Now I am implementing the
scenario with session objects. Is there any alternative way for doing this, I
mean using config file.
I am expecting a solution for this. Also my users available in a data base,
table called user master.

Thanks in advance
Umeshnath

Guest

Hi,
Often, in legacy Web applications, users authenticate themselves via a Web
form. This Web form submits the user's credentials to business logic that
determines their authorization level. Upon successful authentication, the
application then submits a ticket in the form of a cookie, albeit a hard
cookie or session variable. This ticket contains anything from just a valid
session identification access token to customized personalization values.

ASP.NET encompasses and extends the very same logic described above into its
architecture as an authentication facility, Forms Authentication. Forms
Authentication is one of three authentication providers. Windows
Authentication and Passport Authentication make up the other two providers.
For more details refer below link:
http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/01/06/formsauthp1.html