authentication

David

Hi all,

Using C# .NET 1.1

Forms Authentication.

I have my site set up to be anonymous access, almost all the way through. I
have a login page, that when someone logs in, the site now has extra
features. I don't need to protect the directories using web.config or
anything, just to have the features enabled based on authentication and
authorisation. This is working as expected.

My authentication is currently from my database. I want to have various
authentication options, for example, database, windows and ADSI. In another
part of my application, I have a "roles" system, where I can see all
users/groups from database, windows or ADSI. What I want to do, but don't
know where to look is to first, check the database to see if the user exists
and what their authentication option is. If the auth option is windows, then
I need to pass the user/password to windows. (same with ADSI).

All I need back is to check if that user is valid/authenticated. My
authorisation is handled locally.

How do I pass the details to windows for authentication in my scenario?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

David

Ah, I found a solution within 10 minutes of me posting this. It was written
for ADSI, but a slight mod and it works with WinNT. (I guess they operate
the same way. I am using it currently on XP Pro).

I have to use interop and call the advapi32.dll (DLLImport), which is what I
was trying to avoid. (I don't want it to be platform specific, i.e. at some
stage, I would like to try my app on MONO).

If anyone has a method that doesn't use interop (or that can work on other
platforms than just windows) it would be much appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.