Auto messages possiable ?

Raghu Raman

Hi,

i 've written using a class in c#.net and is working nice.
when ever the class is opened ,I want some messages like author
name,date to be written automatically in the top of that class.

like vs.net's

Web Form Designer generated code
//

Could u please tell me when should i write , and how to do it.

With Regards
A drop in the ocean

Scott Allen

Hi drop in the ocean:

One way to do this is to edit the new C# file template. You can find it in
the location: \Program Files\Visual Studio .NET\2003\VC#\VC#Wizards\CSharpAddClassWiz\Templates\1033\NewCSharpFile.cs

HTH,

Scott Allen

Yes, DEVPATH can work if the environment variable is configured correctly
- but I'd avoid DEVPATH in any case since it is deprecated and other methods
exist to load from outside the app base.

Raghu Raman

Dear Allen,

thanks for that.and i mentioned that only.

let us assume that , we have created a auto message like

//
// TODO: Add constructor logic here
//Raghuraman
//

in \Program Files\Visual Studio
..NET\2003\VC#\VC#Wizards\CSharpAddClassWiz\Templates\1033\NewCSharpFile.
cs

---
***
as per the above statement , am clear to add comments for all the new
classes am going to create.***

now, if i create a new class ,that will come with the message
'Raghuraman' along with the default comments ,fine.Now i can simply
delete the comment 'Raghuraman and put another name here.

***
So for security,it would be highly appriciable, that the specified
comment should be automatically added when ever i open the existing
class from the solution explorer.

***

Regards
a drop in the ocean