    have to scroll to the side...

    How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic resizing
    attribute?

    Ernie Sty, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Ernie Sty

    Theo Guest

    "Ernie Sty" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into
    > a template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames
    > are, I already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and
    > these pages will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required
    > for this project.) In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see
    > all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see them, but in the
    > original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the text in
    > each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...
    >
    > How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
    > resizing attribute?

    Just a thought, check if the tables are set to a fixed width or
    percentages. If you have nested tables, one of those could have a fixed
    width. Check the original to see if it resizes at the extremes... very
    big windows and very small.

    Theo, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Ernie Sty

    Karl Core Guest

    "Ernie Sty" <> wrote in message
    >I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
    > template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
    > already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
    > will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this
    > project.)
    > In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you
    > have
    > to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
    > automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
    > have to scroll to the side...
    >
    > How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
    > resizing
    > attribute?

    URL?
    Have you validated the markup?

    -Karl

    Karl Core, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Ernie Sty

    Ernie Sty Guest

    Solution: Auto-resizing stops working in tables when copied...

    "Ernie Sty" <> wrote in message
    > I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
    > template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
    > already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
    > will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this

    project.)
    > In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you

    have
    > to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
    > automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
    > have to scroll to the side...
    >
    > How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic

    resizing
    > attribute?

    I finally figured it out. I did a global find and replace and replaced the
    cost "width=" with nothing. BAM! Fixed it right up.

    Ernie Sty, Oct 6, 2004