Auto-resizing stops working in tables when copied...

Ernie Sty

I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this project.)
In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you have
to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
have to scroll to the side...

How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic resizing
attribute?

Theo

I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into
a template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames
are, I already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and
these pages will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required
for this project.) In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see
all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see them, but in the
original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the text in
each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...

How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
resizing attribute?

Just a thought, check if the tables are set to a fixed width or
percentages. If you have nested tables, one of those could have a fixed
width. Check the original to see if it resizes at the extremes... very
big windows and very small.

Karl Core

Ernie Sty said:
I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this
project.)
In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you
have
to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
have to scroll to the side...

How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
resizing
attribute?

URL?
Have you validated the markup?

-Karl

Ernie Sty

Ernie Sty said:
I am taking tables out of frameless HTML files and inserting them into a
template that has frames. (Before you start in on how awful frames are, I
already know. I am doing this for a small group of people and these pages
will never be posted to the web, plus frames are required for this project.)
In the framed page, the tables are too wide to see all at once and you have
to scroll to the side to see them, but in the original pages, the tables
automatically resize, wrapping the text in each column so that you don't
have to scroll to the side...

How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic resizing
attribute?

I finally figured it out. I did a global find and replace and replaced the
cost "width=" with nothing. BAM! Fixed it right up.