    text in each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...

    How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic resizing
    attribute?

    Ernie Sty, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Ernie Sty

    Neal Guest

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:17:35 -0500, Ernie Sty <> wrote:

    > I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and
    > inserting
    > them into a template that has frames. In the framed page, the tables are
    > too wide to see all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see
    > them,
    > but in the original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the
    > text in each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...
    >
    > How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
    > resizing
    > attribute?

    I cannot in good conscience assist you in harming usability.

    See http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil for the reason why.

    Neal, Oct 1, 2004

  3. Ernie Sty

    Ernie Sty Guest

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:17:35 -0500, Ernie Sty <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and
    > > inserting
    > > them into a template that has frames. In the framed page, the tables

    are
    > > too wide to see all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see
    > > them,
    > > but in the original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the
    > > text in each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...
    > >
    > > How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
    > > resizing
    > > attribute?

    > I cannot in good conscience assist you in harming usability.
    >
    > See http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil for the reason why.

    Nothing on that page applies in this case. The page has to be designed
    framed, it isn't my choice to make. The left frame contains the table of
    contents, and it is not going to be released to the public. Not that any of
    that matters, I'd bet my right arm against a nickel you wouldn't know the
    answer anyway.

    Ernie Sty, Oct 1, 2004
  4. Ernie Sty

    Ernie Sty Guest

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:17:35 -0500, Ernie Sty <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and
    > > inserting
    > > them into a template that has frames. In the framed page, the tables

    are
    > > too wide to see all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see
    > > them,
    > > but in the original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the
    > > text in each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...
    > >
    > > How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
    > > resizing
    > > attribute?

    > I cannot in good conscience assist you in harming usability.
    >
    > See http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil for the reason why.

    Thanks, but I know all about how terrible frames are.
    Nothing on that page applies in this case. The page has to be designed
    framed, it isn't my choice to make. The left frame contains the table of
    contents, and it is not going to be released to the public; this is for a
    small, private group.

    Ernie Sty, Oct 1, 2004
  5. Ernie Sty

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and inserting
    > them into a template that has frames.

    Did you read this BEFORE you pressed send?
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Oct 1, 2004
  6. Ernie Sty

    Ernie Sty Guest

    "WebcastMaker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and

    inserting
    > > them into a template that has frames.

    > Did you read this BEFORE you pressed send?

    Apparently not. I will re-post.

    Ernie Sty, Oct 2, 2004