Help-- Tables in frames-- how to enable automatic resizing?

Ernie Sty

I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and inserting
them into a template that has frames. In the framed page, the tables are
too wide to see all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see them,
but in the original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the
text in each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...

How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic resizing
attribute?

Neal

I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and
inserting
them into a template that has frames. In the framed page, the tables are
too wide to see all at once and you have to scroll to the side to see
them,
but in the original pages, the tables automatically resize, wrapping the
text in each column so that you don't have to scroll to the side...

How can I get the tables in the framed pages to keep this automatic
resizing
attribute?

I cannot in good conscience assist you in harming usability.

See http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil for the reason why.

Ernie Sty

Neal said:
I cannot in good conscience assist you in harming usability.

See http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil for the reason why.

Nothing on that page applies in this case. The page has to be designed
framed, it isn't my choice to make. The left frame contains the table of
contents, and it is not going to be released to the public. Not that any of
that matters, I'd bet my right arm against a nickel you wouldn't know the
answer anyway.

Ernie Sty

Neal said:
I cannot in good conscience assist you in harming usability.

See http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil for the reason why.

Thanks, but I know all about how terrible frames are.
Nothing on that page applies in this case. The page has to be designed
framed, it isn't my choice to make. The left frame contains the table of
contents, and it is not going to be released to the public; this is for a
small, private group.

WebcastMaker

I am taking frames out of existing HTML files without frames and inserting
them into a template that has frames.

Did you read this BEFORE you pressed send?