AutoComplete - Ajax Control Toolkit

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Oct 9, 2007.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I am using a AutoComplete and I am having a few problems in creating
    the ServiceMethod.

    I have the following method:

    ' ...
    <WebMethod()> _
    Public Function GetCategories(ByVal prefixText As String, ByVal
    count As Integer) As String()
    Dim categories As New Generic.List(Of String)
    categories = GetAllCategories()
    For i As Integer = 0 To count - 1
    ?????
    Next i
    Return ???
    End Function

    The code line

    categories = GetAllCategories()

    returns a list of strings, i.e.: London, New York, Car, Boat, ...

    My problem is what should I do know with the prefixText and the count
    value to create my String array to be returned by the method.

    Thanks,

    Miguel

    shapper, Oct 9, 2007